The Observatory for Cornwall is a charity setup in the heart of the historic mining village of Wheal Busy, Cornwall. The purpose of the charity is to provide its members and the general public, access to astronomy facilities, resources, events and more.
The society is run by a collective of passionate volunteers who build, refurbish and maintain the site. We are always on the look out for new members to join and help us grow. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a member, please click the link below.
There’s lots to explore at the OFC, both on the ground and in the skies;
- Two purpose built 20ft domes
- 8 telescopes including;
- 6 inch refractor and a 10 inch reflector telescope
- 12inch Celestron, 6inch Meadex2
- Smaller telescopes for junior stargazing and learning on
- Visitor resources including books, and astronomical papers.
- Society centre where we host research projects, community events, and more.
As a not-for-profit, community focussed charity, we rely heavily on donation support to maintain our operations and continue the development of the OFC for the wider community to enjoy.
By signing up, not only are you contributing to the preservation of the project, but you’ll also get some great member benefits too. Click here to find out more, or if you’d like to make a donation, you can use the form below.
INSERT PAYPAL DONATION BUTTON HERE